Sydney Woman Accidentally Won $6.5 Million by Buying Two Tickets
In Australian Sydney, a woman became rich by chance. She accidentally bought two lottery tickets and the “erroneous” one made her a millionaire – the woman won $6.5million in Keno lottery.
The Australian decided to buy a lottery ticket in the Keno machine. She used to buy one ticket, but this time she snapped up two tickets.
As it turned out, especially the “extra” ticket hit the $ 6.5 million jackpot.
“I think I’ve woken up now. I still sort of think I’m asleep. I can’t believe it. This might be real. I think I might have actually won! I’ve had a few nights out over the years, but I don’t think I’ll forget that one in a while. I haven’t told anyone yet. I’m in shock!”
The woman has said that she would go on vacation and help her relatives financially, but otherwise, she is not going to change her life and quit her job.
By tradition, part of the prize goes to a seller or an institution, where the machine for selling tickets is located. In this case, the money will get the Randwick club, where the ticket has been purchased.
The president of the Randwick club congratulated the winner and expressed his admiration that it was the first time when the member of their club became the winner.
Last month a man from Melbourne (Australia) hit $ 16.2-million-jackpot twice a day.
The blue-collar worker from St Albans bought two lottery tickets and denoted the same numbers. When his bet triggered, the Australian forgot about the second lottery ticket, as he thought that it was from another lottery.
The lottery representatives reminded the man of the 16-million-second prize. They stressed that two of three winning tickets had been bought for one name. The Australian notes that he had spent about 21.2 thousand dollars in total for lottery tickets.
These people are really lucky persons, as the possibility to win the jackpot is rather rare. The experts are sure, that the probability of winning the lottery is:
- 1 to 13,983,816 in the lottery, where you need to guess the 6 numbers that fall out of the lottery drum before the draw;
- 1 to almost 175,000,000 in the lottery, where you have to cross out the field of numbers in a ticket.
And if you want to hit the jackpot, here are main tips.
- Number 20 flies out of the lotto most often. The balls with numbers 37, 2, 31 and 35 are also frequent. At the same time, number 42 is the most frequent ball falling in the bonus round.
- You should buy as many tickets as you can. Also, you can create a community of people whom you trust, and together periodically invest money in buying tickets.
- In order to avoid “sawing” the won amount with other lottery participants in case of success, try to avoid the numbers that people indicate most often. These numbers can easily be associated with dates that mean something to someone. Therefore, mark the numbers after 31.
- The lotteries with a large number of participants are distinguished by a relatively large number of prizes and more substantial amounts of winnings.
- Not all tickets are always checked. Therefore, if you do not want to lose money, after buying a lottery ticket, do not forget to check it.
Do you often do the lottery? Have you ever won something?