Сouches Recount 20 Dynamite Psychological Tricks, You Haven’t Known Before
To win the interlocutor favor, soften the chief’s anger, even to make a mash – everything is possible, if you know special psychological tricks.
Furthermore, some of these techniques may be used in communicating with you, so, it would be better to be privy them. Forewarned is forearmed!
1. At moment of acquaintance, note the eye color of interlocutor. Even if this information isn’t useful to you, this technique helps to achieve optimal eye contact, demonstrating your friendliness and self-confidence.
2. People rather remember what happened at the beginning and at the end of the day. Therefore, by choosing the time for appointment, try to be the first or last in the list of candidates.
3. The position of the feet of people, involved in the conversation, can give out their hidden emotions. For example, if you step up to two guys and they turn to you only with the body, keeping the previous position of feet, they are clearly not friendly to you. Similarly, the noses of other person’s shoes, turned away from you, indicate that he or she wants to leave as soon as possible.
4. When a group of people are laughing, each instinctively glances at the one who is most sympathetic to him. This, by the way, is a great way to expose office romances.
5. If you want to get an honest answer to the question, and the interlocutor dodges, make a pause. Keep silence for a moment, continuing to meet the interlocutor’s eyes. Often the person feels embarrassed and seeks to fill the pause.
6. If you feel that the boss is preparing to brainstorming you at the conference, just sit right next to him. Your proximity will reduce his level of aggression, and you will be able to get off with the whole skin.
7. If you ask people for small favors, they begin to feel sympathy for you. This is the psychological mechanism: we more value those people, whom we have taken care at least once.
8. Try to remember the name of the person at the first meeting and use it in subsequent communication. In such way you’ll win the interlocutor favor.
9. Unobtrusive mirroring of other people’s gestures contributes to the establishment of trust. The main thing is not to overdo it.
10. While making your way through the crowd, try to look at the gaps between people, not at themselves. This forces people make a lane to you.
11. A date with adrenaline – for example, a ride on a roller coaster, watching a horror movie or a joint flight on an airplane – stimulates the excitation centers in the brain and brings you closer to the object of passion.
12. Try not to start a sentence with the collocations “I think” and “It seems to me”. Sometimes it shows an unnecessary uncertainty.
13. The best way to learn is to teach. If you have learned something new or mastered a new skill, try to share it with others.
14. Own self-image is important for people. Try to figure out, how others view themselves.
15. If your job is related to serving customers, put a mirror behind your back. This will allow people, who are waiting, to be less bored and angry about this.
16. Dating with someone you want to hit fancy? Then, demonstrate the joy of meeting him as bright and emotional, as you only can. Next time this will make person be glad at you as well.
17. During public speaking, always take a bottle of water with you. If you feel that you have forgotten the text, just take a couple of sips, and no one will notice that in fact the pause arose because of the forgotten text.
18. If, on the whole, you are satisfied with the offer, but you want to get something more, just take a little disappointed look. For example, this may work with a high price or a low salary.
19. If you want someone to feel awkward or uncomfortable, periodically look at the center of his forehead during a conversation.
20. Asking a question, you need to nod imperceptibly. Most likely, so you will receive an affirmative answer.
Feeling surprised with this list? And what psychological tricks are you using in everyday life?